2 bunches asparagus
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
3 skinny leaves lacinato kale, trimmed to preferred height
1 small head celery, with leaves
1 bunch rainbow carrots, peeled and greens removed
3 clusters cherry tomatoes on the vine
5 sprigs rosemary and/or mint
1. Set a small vase, about 3 inches square by 6 inches tall (or similar size), inside a larger vase, about 6 inches square (or similar size.) Stand asparagus on end in the outer channel between the vases.
2. Add water to the inner vase if preparing more than two hours in advance. Pack parsley into the center well of the vase to create a mounded foundation for the arrangement.
3. Remove root end of celery head and set aside larger stalks for another use. Create height by adding in the celery hearts, leaves facing up. Add in kale leaves.
4. Add carrots to the arrangement point-end up.
5. Skewer clusters of cherry tomatoes into the kale and parsley with small bamboo toothpicks. Tuck rosemary and/or mint into the arrangement to accent.
To make ahead: Fill inner vase with water. Invert a plastic bag loosely over the arrangement. Keep the arrangement cool. If necessary, spritz with cold water to keep the vegetables hydrated.
Equipment: 2 glass vases: one about 3 inches square by 6 inches tall and one about 6 inches square